Learn how to create custom fields in Nexudus.
You can create custom fields in addition to the default fields we provide in a customer's account. You can include custom fields to the different forms available on the Members Portal and use them as message tokens in message macros. You can also choose where custom fields should appear in a customer's account.
- If the side menu is not visible, click .
- Click CRM > Custom Fields.
- Click the Add Custom Field button in the top right corner of the page.
- Add your custom field's name in the Name field.
If you want this custom field to answer a question, the name of the field should be the question.
- Select your space from the Location dropdown list.
- Select the field you want to add from the Field Type dropdown list.
You can choose between the following field types:
Field Type DescriptionText (single line) Single line text box under the field name. Text (multiple lines) Large text box under the field name. Yes/No Dropdown list with yes and no options under the field name. Options menu
Dropdown list under the field name.
If you want to make it possible to select more than one option, set Allow multiple selection to YES.
Date Calendar under the field name. Number (integer)
Single line text box that only allows whole numbers.
E.g. 1000, 34 or 97
Single line text box that only allows decimal numbers.
E.g. 10.5, 3.56 or 100.3
- Select where you want to display the custom field from the Place Field Tab dropdown list.
This lets you define in which tab of the customer account the custom field will appear. This applies to the customer's account on the Administrator Panel and on the Members Portal.
- Enter a whole number in the Display Order field.
The smaller the number, the higher up the custom field will rank in the form.
- Tick the checkboxes relevant to your custom field in the Profile & Sign-up Forms section.
- Tick the checkboxes relevant to your custom field in the Directory section.
- Click Save.
You've successfully created your custom field. You can leave your custom fields in the default category named Other Details or create your own custom field categories.