Learn how to add course lessons in Nexudus.
Course lessons are the third and last step to building your courses. Lessons are the individual learning units that your course members complete. Lessons hold most of the learning or training content you provide in your courses.
If you haven't created a course structure yet, make sure to create a course before following this tutorial.
Course lessons have an array of settings and options that help you customise your learning offer. This tutorial shows you how to add a course lesson that is available to all course members.
- If the side menu is not visible, click .
- Click Community > Courses.
- Click the course you want to edit.
- Click the Course Lessons tab.
- Click Add Course Lesson.
- Add your course lesson's name in the Title field.
- Select the course section where the lesson should be from the Course Section dropdown list.
- If you want to add an instructor to the lesson, select a user from the Instructor dropdown list.
The instructor can be a customer or an administrator with a customer account.
- Select an option from the Completion Type dropdown list.
None means that the lesson doesn't include a completion tag.Visited means that the lesson will be considered completed after the course member visits the lesson.Button means that the lesson will be considered completed after the course member clicks a button at the end of the lesson.Video means that the lesson will be considered completed after the course member watches at least 90% of the video included in the lesson.
- Select an option from the Lesson Unlock Type list.
Immediate means the section will be available to course members at all times.Sequential means the section will become available to course members once they finish the previous section.Timed means the section will become available to course members a given number of days after they start the course.
- Set the Active toggle to YES.
- Add a few lines about the lesson in the Summary field.
- Add the lesson's content in the Contents field.
This field can include text, videos, images, code snippets, links, and files.
- Click Upload Image and select an image on your device if you want to add an image to the lesson.
- Click Save.
You've successfully created a course lesson in your course. You can repeat the process and add as many lessons as needed.
Once you've created your lessons you can move to the next steps to start using your course: