Members and contacts can add visitors through their account on the Members Portal. They can add as many visitors or attendees as they want. If you want to limit the number of visitors your customers can register, check out our article on limiting visitor registration.
Visitors are never granted door access from access control integrations. Since they aren't added to access groups, they won't be able to unlock doors without a customer or an administrator with door access.
Visitors can be registered in a few clicks on the Members Portal.
The demo account shown to illustrate the process uses version 3 of the Members Portal without any customisation.
- Click My Account in the top right corner of the page.
- Click My Visitors in the bottom left corner of the page.
- Fill in the visitor registration form.
- Click Register Visitor.
- Click Close.
The visitor will receive an email notification that includes the name of their host, the visit details, and a PIN code they can use to check themselves in through NexIO. Your customer will also receive a notification via email and the Passport app when their visitor arrives at the location.
Adding Visitors to a Booking
Members and contacts also have the option to add attendees to the bookings they make through the Members Portal. Attendees are simply visitors linked to a specific booking.
- Click My Account > My Bookings.
- Click Make a Booking.
- Select a resource, a date, and a time for the booking.
- Click Add Attendee.
- Add the attendee's name, phone number and email address.
- If you want to add other attendees, click Add Attendee and add their name, phone number and email address.
- Click Confirm this Booking or Add to Basket.
Once the booking is finalised, the attendee will receive an email notification that includes the name of their host, the booking details, and a PIN code they can use to check themselves in through NexIO. Your customer will also receive a notification via email and the Passport app when their attendee arrives at the location.