Members and contacts can add visitors through their account on the Members Portal. They can add as many visitors or attendees unless you've set up plan limits or disabled the option to add visitors from the Members Portal settings.
Visitors are never granted door access through access control integrations. As they aren't added to access groups, they won't be able to unlock doors without a host or an administrator with door access.
The demo account shown to illustrate the process uses version 3 of the Members Portal without any customization.
Visitors can be added from the Members Portal in a few clicks. This option lets your members and contacts schedule the visit of individuals who aren't currently registered or using your space.
- Click My Account in the top right corner of the page.
- Click My Visitors in the bottom left corner of the page.
- Fill in the visitor registration form.
- Click Register Visitor.
- Click Close.
The visitor will receive an email notification that includes the name of their host, the visit details, and a PIN code they can use to check themselves in through NexIO. The customer will also receive a notification via email and the Passport app when their visitors arrives at the location and checks in.
Adding Visitors to a Booking
Members and contacts also have the option to add attendees to the bookings they make through the Members Portal. Attendees are simply visitors linked to a specific booking.
- Click My Account > My Bookings.
- Click Make a Booking.
- Select a resource, a date, and a time for the booking.
- Click Add Attendee.
- Add the attendee's name, phone number and email address.
- If you want to add other attendees, click Add Attendee and add their name, phone number and email address.
- Click Confirm this Booking or Add to Basket.
Once the booking is finalised, the attendee will receive an email notification that includes the name of their host, the booking details, and a PIN code they can use to check themselves in through NexIO. The customer will also receive a notification via email and the Passport app when their attendee arrives at the location and checks in.