Learn how to change the favicon on version 2 of the members portal.
Favicons are the small images that you can see on your browser tabs. You can customize this favicon to match your logo or your branding in Nexudus.
Example of a favicon
Changing your members portal favicon is an easy two-step process on the admin portal.
Step 1. Uploading your Favicon to the Custom Files Folder
Before you can use your can use your favicon, you need to upload it to the custom files folder of the template editor. We recommend you upload your favicon as a PNG file.
- Log in to your Nexudus account if you aren't already logged in.
- Click Settings > Website > Templates.
- Click Open template files.
- Click Custom Files and then click Image Files.
- Click Add new image on the top right corner of the page.
- Click Upload image.
- Select the favicon image file on your computer and click Open.
- Copy the URL of your favicon and save it somewhere. You will need this URL during step 2.
- Click Save.
Your favicon file now appears in your custom files folder.
Custom files folder with an uploaded favicon
Step 2. Adding your Favicon to the master.master File
Once you've uploaded your favicon, all you need to do is edit a snippet of code from your master.master file in the common files folder.
- Click Common Files.
- Scroll down and click the master.master file.
- Scroll down to the <!-- FAVICONS --> section.
- Delete the URL between quotation marks of the first href tag.
- Copy and paste the favicon URL that you saved during Step 1 between the two quotation marks.
Make sure your favicon URL is within both quotation marks.
- Repeat the process of deleting the old URL and adding your own URL for every href tag in the section.
Your code should look similar to this one, only with your own favicon URL when you are done editing the href tags.
- Click Save in the top right corner of the page.
Your favicon should now appear when you open your members portal page in any browser. If you don't see your favicon, try refreshing the page.