Xero is a cloud-based accounting solution. Xero lets you transfer invoices from Nexudus to Xero and transfer back edited invoices from Xero to Nexudus.
For more information on Xero, visit their website.
Requirements to Integrate Xero
You need to make sure you meet some requirements before you can start the integration process with Xero.
Requirement 1. Have a Xero Account
You need to open an account with Xero prior to the integration. You can open your account via Xero's signup form.
Requirement 2. Have Matching Chart of Accounts in Xero and Nexudus
Your chart of accounts in Nexudus needs to match your chart of accounts in Xero. This means that the revenue account you have set up in Xero must match exactly the revenue account you create in Nexudus.
For example, if your account in Xero is named Revenue and its code 1234, you need a financial account in Nexudus that is named Revenue with a code that is 1234 as well.
You can create or edit your financial account in Nexudus via Settings > Billing and Accounting > Account.
Accounts Tab in the Billing and Accounting Page
You also need to make sure this account is assigned to all the items you sell in Nexudus. You can access your chart of accounts via Finance > Chart of Accounts in Nexudus.
All you need to do is click on the item and select the financial account that matches the financial account set in Xero from the dropdown menu.
Account Page in the Finance section
Requirement 3. Have a Matching Tax Rate in Xero and Nexudus
Your tax rate in Nexudus needs to match your tax rate in Xero. The tax rate needs to be identical and have the exact same name in both platforms.
For example, if your tax rate in Xero is named VAT (20%) with a value of 20%, then your tax rate in Nexudus needs to be named VAT (20%) and have a 20% value as well.
You can create and edit your tax rates in Nexudus via Settings > Billing and Accounting > Tax.
Tax Rates Section in the Tax Tab of Billing and Accounting Page
You also need to make sure this tax rate applies to all the items you sell to customers in Nexudus. You can access the list of tax rates via Finance > Tax Rates.
All you need to do is click on the item and select the tax rate that matches the tax rate set in Xero from the dropdown menu.
Tax Rates Page in the Finance Section
- Go to Settings > Integrations.
- Scroll down to the Accounting Systems section and click the Xero tile.
- Select your Nexudus financial account in the Payments account code field.
- Select your Nexudus tax rate in the Default tax code field.
- Set the Use invoice period as invoice date field option to YES if you want the invoice date in Nexudus to be the invoice date in Xero.
If you leave it set on NO, the default invoice date will be the date of the transfer to Xero.
- Select the default invoice status you want to have for all invoices you transfer to Xero.
Draft: all invoices will be set as drafts in Xero.
Submitted: all invoices will be set as awaiting approval in Xero, meaning you'll need to approve them manually.
Authorised: all invoices are automatically approved and added to the relevant tabs in Xero.
- Click Connect with Xero.
You'll be redirected to the Xero login page.
- Enter your Xero credentials and log in.
- Accept the connection between Xero and Nexudus.
You'll be redirected to Nexudus.
- Click Save changes.
You've completed the integration of Xero with Nexudus and you can start transferring your invoices.
Transferring Invoices to Xero
Now that you've enabled the Xero integration with Nexudus, you can transfer any Nexudus invoice to Xero.
- Go to Finance > Invoices.
- Hover your mouse next to invoices and tick all the invoices you want to transfer.
- In the Bulk Actions menu, click Transfer to Xero.
- If you are already connected to Xero, click Confirm and move to step 6.
- If you aren't already connected to Xero, click Connect to Xero and then Allow access for 30 mins before repeating step 2,3 and 4.
Your transfer should now start on its own. If you are transferring a large number of invoices, the transfer may take a few minutes.
- Click View xxx recent transfer notes from Xero at the top of your invoice list.
This page will let you know if your invoices were properly transferred.
If there was a problem during the transfer, the system will tell you what caused the error.
All invoices that were successfully transferred to Xero now have an IN XERO tag that you can see from the invoices list.
Example of an Invoice Transferred to Xero
Setting up tracking categories in Xero and Nexudus
To sync Xero's tracking category to your Nexudus locations, the tracking category should be called "Location" in Xero and the values of that category must match the name of each location in Nexudus.