Salto KS is an access control system that lets your customers access your space and unlock doors autonomously using access cards or their phone.
You define access groups in Salto for each pass, resource, desk, and office you have set up in your Nexudus account. You can then enable the integration in Nexudus and connect the access groups to the corresponding Nexudus items.
Salto KS Features
The table below details what Salto KS currently offers with Nexudus:
|You connect Salto KS to Nexudus with||Customers can access your space with||Access groups can be connected to|
Requirements to Integrate Salto KS
You need to make sure some requirements are met before you can integrate Salto KS with Nexudus.
1 - Have Inventory Items in Nexudus
You connect Salto KS access groups to three inventory items available in Nexudus: passes, resources, and desks & offices. It is important to have these items set up in your space prior to the integration because they are what connects Nexudus to your access groups in Salto KS.
If you need to add items to your Nexudus inventory, check out the following articles:
2 - Have an Active Salto KS Account
If you don't have a Salto KS account yet, we encourage you to get in touch with Salto KS via their contact form. They will help you set up your account and install the system in your space.
If you manage more than one location, you will need to set up each location individually in Salto KS and in Nexudus.
This means having an individual site for each location, adding the relevant doors to each site and creating access groups for each site in Salto KS.
You'll also need to repeat the integration process for each of your locations in Nexudus.
Integrating Salto KS with Nexudus
The Salto KS integration is a three-step process:
- Creating access groups in Salto KS
- Enabling the Salto KS integration in Nexudus
- Linking Nexudus items to Salto KS access groups
Step 1 - Creating Access Groups in Salto KS
Access groups in Salto KS are connected to passes, desks, offices, and resources. You define which doors you want to include in each group. We recommend you create an access group for each pass, resource, desk, and office you have in Nexudus.
To give you an example, if your space offers:
- 2 types of passes
- 3 meeting rooms
- 4 private offices
You need to create 9 access groups in Salto KS.
You don't need to add users in Salto KS. Nexudus manage this for you, including assigning access cards numbers and Salto KS keys.
Nexudus automatically adds your customers to Salto KS access groups when they purchase a pass, book a resource or sign up to contracts for desks and offices connected to an access group.
Access groups are always created and edited in Salto KS. You cannot create or edit access groups in Nexudus.
Step 2- Enabling the Salto KS Integration in Nexudus
Once you've set up your access groups in Salto KS based on the inventory items you have in Nexudus, you can enable the Salto KS integration in Nexudus.
- Go to Settings > Integrations.
- Click Salto KS / Clay (Version 2) in the Access Control section.
- Set Enable to YES.
- If you want customers to be able to use their phone to access your space, set the Enable Mobile Access option to YES.
- Select your space location in the Location dropdown menu.
- Click Connect. You will be redirected to Salto KS login page.
- Log in using your Salto KS credentials. You will be redirected to the Salto KS access page.
- Tick the Full Access and Offline Access checkboxes.
- Tick the Remember My Decision checkbox and click YES, ALLOW.
- Once you are redirected to the integration page in Nexudus, click Save changes.
Step 3 - Linking Nexudus items to Salto KS Access Groups.
The last step of the process is to link your Nexudus inventory items to their corresponding access groups in Salto KS.
All you need to do is linking the the passes, desks, offices, and resources set up in your Nexudus account to their corresponding access groups in Salto KS.
- Click the Salto KS / Clay (Version 2) tile in the Active integrations section.
- Scroll down to the Entry Locks Activity section.
This section lets you choose which action to trigger in Nexudus when customers unlock each Salto KS door in your space.
- Click on each door's dropdown menu and select the action you want to trigger when customers unlock them.
- Scroll down to the Passes section.
This section lets you link passes you sell customers via plans or products to their corresponding access group in Salto KS.
- Click on each pass dropdown menu and select the access group you want to link from the list.
Linking an access group to a pass means that any customer purchasing that pass will be added to the corresponding access groups in Salto KS.
It is important that each access group / pass pair have matching access times. Nexudus can't edit access groups in Salto KS. If a pass grants access to your space between 9 a.m. and 6 p.m. and its corresponding access group only allows access between 10 a.m. and 5 p.m., customers with that pass will only be able to access your space between 10 a.m. and 5 p.m.
- Scroll down to the Room locks section. This section lets you link resource locks to their corresponding access group in Salto KS.
- Click on each room locks dropdown menu and select the access group you want to link from the list.
Linking an access group to a resource means that any customers booking that resource will be added to that access group in Salto KS.
Customers are automatically added to the resource access group 15 minutes before each booking starts. They are also automatically removed from the resource access group 15 minutes after their booking end.
- Scroll down to the Desks and Offices section. This section lets you link floor plan items to their corresponding access group in Salto KS.
- Click on each desk or office dropdown menu and select the access group you want to link from the list.
Linking an access group for a desk or office means that any customers holding an active contract for that desk or office will be added to that access group in Salto KS.
Customers are added to the access group when the contracts starts and are removed from the access group when their contract ends.
- Click Save changes.
Adding Access Cards to Customers in Nexudus
You can manually edit and add access cards to a customer's account. This comes in handy if a customer lost their access card and need a replacement or of they need more than one access card.
- Go to Operations and click on Members & Contact.
- Click on the customer account you want to edit.
- Go to the Accounts tab and click on Services.
- In the Credentials menu, add the access card number and press enter.
- Click Save Changes.
Editing access cards in Nexudus will automatically update the user's accesses in Salto KS.
If the Salto KS integration is turned on in Nexudus, the access card number is used automatically to link that access card to a Salto KS tag, but only if the tag has been registered in Salto KS. The customer is automatically assigned the tag in Salto KS that was set for them in Nexudus.
Always assign tags to customers in Nexudus by adding them as an access card.
Using the Passport App with Salto KS
This feature is available on:
- All white-label versions of the Passport app.
- The standard Passport app only if customers started using the feature before July 2020.
Space members are able to connect their Salto KS account with Nexudus passport mobile app, this will enable them to open Salto KS controlled door with their mobile phones.
When a member is created in Nexudus and it has a valid time pass or has made a booking, Salto KS will send a welcome email to him with a link to register in Salto KS. Once registered the customer can download the Nexudus Passport app and navigate to the account section and connect Passport app with Salto KS by entering his Salto KS credentials.
Navigate to account section
Once that is done customer can open the door by navigating to the home section to unlock the door.