Kisi is an access control solution that let your customers access different areas of your building and unlock doors using their phone. You define which customers get access to which area via access groups that are then linked to Nexudus passes and resources.
The table below details how Kisi works with Nexudus:
|You connect Kisi to Nexudus with||Customers can access your space with||Access groups can be connected to|
Their smartphone using
Requirements to Integrate Kisi
You need to make sure some requirements are met before you can integrate Kisi with Nexudus.
1 - Have passes and resources set up in your Nexudus account
It is important to have these items set up in your space prior to the integration because they are what links your Nexudus account to your Kisi access groups.
For more information on how to add passes and resources to your inventory, check out:
2 - Have a Kisi Account
If you don't have a Kisi account yet, we encourage you to get in touch with the Kisi team who will help you create your account and install the system in your space.
3- Have a Kisi API Key
You need to create and API key in Kisi to allow Nexudus and Kisi to communicate and grant your customers access.
- Log in your Kisi account.
- Click your user profile in the top right corner of the page.
- Click API in the dropdown menu.
- Click Add API Key.
- Give your API key a clear name such as Nexudus Integration or Nexudus Access.
- Enter your Kisi password in the Password field.
- Click Add.
- Copy the API key that appears on screen and save it somewhere. You'll need to enter this API key during step 2 of the integration process.
Integrating Kisi with Nexudus
Integrating Kisi with is an easy three-step process:
Step 1 - Creating Access Groups in Kisi
You need to set up access groups in your Kisi account. These groups will then be linked to passes and resources in Nexudus. Access groups can only be created and edited in Kisi.
Consider the following points before creating access groups in Kisi:
- How many access groups you need to create
We recommend you create one access group per pass and per resource you have in your Nexudus inventory.
For example, if you have 4 passes and 8 resources in your inventory, you need to create 12 access groups in Kisi.
- Which doors customers need to access
When creating an access group, think about all the doors your customers will need to unlock in order to access a specific resource or area of your building.
For example, customers booking a resource need access to the resource door as well as any other door they need to unlock to get to the resource, such as the main entrance door or a floor door.
Once you've figured out how many Kisi groups you need and which doors each of them should include, check out Kisi's article on how to set up an access group. You only need to create access groups in Kisi. Nexudus will automatically add users to the Kisi groups when they purchase passes or book resources.
Step 2 - Enabling the Kisi Integration in Nexudus
Once you've set up your Kisi access groups, you can link them to your Nexudus passes and resources to finalize the integration.
- Go to Settings > Integrations on the admin portal.
- Scroll down to the Access Control section and click on the KISI tile.
- Set Enable Kisi integration to YES.
- Set Notify customers by email as they are added to Kisi to YES if you want customers to receive an email notification as they are added to Kisi access groups.
- Set Provide customers with a quick access link to YES if you want your customers to receive the access link along with their email notification.
- Enter your Kisi API key in the API token field.
- Click Verifiy token.
Kisi Integration Form in Nexudus
Step 3 - Linking Kisi Access Groups to Nexudus Items
After clicking on Verify token, the Passes and Resources section will appear below to let you link Kisi access groups to your Nexudus inventory items.
- Scroll down to the Passes section.
- Click on the first pass dropdown menu.
- Select the Kisi access group that corresponds to the pass.
- Repeat the process for every pass, linking each pass to its corresponding Kisi access group.
- Scroll down to the Resources Section.
- Click on the first resource dropdown menu.
- Select the Kisi access group corresponding to the resource.
- Repeat the process for every resource, linking each resource to its corresponding Kisi access group.
- Click Save changes.
You've finished integrating Kisi with Nexudus and your customers should now be able to unlock doors through Kisi.
Kisi Access for Passes & Resources
Customers are automatically added to the relevant Kisi access groups when they purchase passes via plans and products or you manually add passes to their account. Their Kisi access is also automatically revoked as their passes expire.
Time restrictions you set in Kisi always overrule restrictions you set up for passes in Nexudus. This means that if Kisi doors are set to only open from 9 to 5, your customers will only be able to unlock doors in your space from 9 to 5, even if passes have longer or shorter access times.
Linking an access group to a resource automatically adds any customer booking that resource to the corresponding access group in Kisi.
Customers are added to Kisi access groups 15 minutes before their booking starts. They are also automatically removed from Kisi access groups 15 minutes after their booking ends.
Time restrictions you set in Kisi always overrule restrictions you set up for resources in Nexudus. This means that if Kisi doors linked to resources are set to open from 9 to 5, your customers will only be able to unlock resource doors in your space from 9 to 5, even if they booked the resource outside of that time frame.
Testing the Kisi Integration
We recommend you test the integration with a test user account to make sure everything works properly.
When new members or contacts purchase passes or book resources linked to Kisi, they should receive a confirmation email that invites them to use the Kisi app to unlock doors at your location.